Everyone at least once in their life faced a situation where they urgently needed money, and there was no one to borrow it. Whether it’s paying bills, medical services, or education, a small amount of money can save the day. It is for such cases that there is a title loan, for which you must have a vehicle as collateral. In order to apply for a title loan, you do not have to have a perfect credit history. All you need to do is follow a few simple rules that the lender requires.
Who can take out a title loan
Today, the loan provider can make some demands on the borrower himself. These requirements determine whether you can take out a title loan with the given loan provider. The requirements are very diverse. They are about age and income, among other things. Some loan providers have stricter requirements for the borrower than others, and this also means that the requirements vary greatly.
However, there are some requirements that are fixed. You can read more about them here:
- The borrower must be at least 18 years old. Many loan providers make demands on the borrower’s age, and often you have to be older than 18 years before you can be allowed to take out a title loan. However, the minimum age for borrowing money in the United States is 18 years, and therefore you can in no case take out a title loan if you are under 18 years of age;
- The borrower must be a United States citizen and have a population register address in the United States;
- The borrower must have a valid phone number and an active email address;
- Original vehicle designation showing sole ownership;
- The borrower must have a US bank account;
- Working copies of the vehicle keys.
In addition to these requirements, there may be other requirements that may vary from provider to provider.
What does a bad credit title loan cost?
The price of a title loan is relatively high in relation to the small amount of the loan. However, it is impossible to say what a title loan will cost. First of all, the price differs from lender to lender. In addition, the price differs from borrower to borrower. The loan provider determines the price of the loan based on the interest rate and other fees – and these vary. Typically, however, interest rates and fees are high due to the increased risk that the loan lender runs. The interest rate is determined based on several things, including the term for which the loan is issued and the amount of the initial loan.
It is therefore impossible to say how much a title loan costs. When looking at the price of a title loan, look at the loan’s APR (annual percentage rate). It is the loan’s APR that describes how expensive the loan is compared to other similar loans.
How to take out a title loan with poor credit
It is easy and quick to take out a title loan – or at least to apply for it. The loan providers have made it easy for anyone to apply for a title loan. The lenders are used to guiding potential borrowers through the application process and therefore you can also always count on getting clear instructions from the lenders when applying for a title loan.
- When you are applying for a title loan, it is a good idea to start by finding a few different loan providers that you want to apply to. If you find several different loan providers, there is a greater chance that you can find the best and cheapest title loan – because then you can compare. You can also compare loan costs using an online loan calculator.
- Once you have found some different loan lenders, the application process itself can begin. You must make the loan application based on the loan lender’s instructions. Typically, all you have to do is fill in some fields with your own information. It’s quite simple and easy.
- Once the loan applications have been submitted, you will either be approved or rejected as a borrower. If you are approved, you will receive a loan offer. These are the loan offers you can compare, because the loan offers show the final prices and terms of the loans. If you want to accept a title loan, simply sign the loan offer. Then the money will be in your account within a very short time.
Title loans are thus a quick, easy and secure loan. If you consider the loan carefully, compare different loans and maintain an overview of your finances, a title loan may be the perfect solution for you. Whatever you use the loan for, you can do it – because a title loan is a versatile loan and no one questions your motives.
Payday Loan Calculator
$500 Your loan + $79 Your fee = $579 Total Cost*
* Total Cost - The sum of money you are to pay off within the term you’ve chosen if you borrow the stated above amount for the average (or required by your lender) APR.