If you are facing unforeseen expenses and need money to cover them, pawning a car title can be a good and quick way to get funding. After you fully repay the loan, the title will be returned to you.
What to consider when deciding to pawn your car title
Before pawn your title you should know that the company will charge you an interest rate and you may also be asked to provide additional insurance for your vehicle.
Get Fast Money for a Car Title
Surely, at least once in your life, you have faced emergency expenses that were difficult to repay. Oftentimes, difficult life situations happen to us when we least expect it, and it can be difficult to find funding. However, if you own a car and its title, pawning it is a great way to get financing quickly so that you can meet any of your needs.
Learn how it works and what to look out for before pawning your title.
Do you understand the meaning of pawning?
Pawn means that you will have to provide your vehicle title as a kind of collateral in order to receive funding and meet all your needs. However, don’t worry as title pawning is safe. You will be able to keep driving your car and get your title back after the debt is fully paid off.
How to pawn a title?
If you need emergency funding, then your car’s title can save you. Pawning your title can be an easy and affordable way to get funding as quickly as possible. If you want to pawn a car title you can get the value of your car and solve all your problems. Moreover, you will also have the ability to use your vehicle even while paying off the debt.
Please note that after you’ve pawned the title to your car, you will need to make regular monthly payments until you have paid the loan in full. Monthly payments are fixed so you don’t have to think about how much to pay in any given month. Also, in addition to the principal amount of the loan, you will pay interest. After the debt is fully paid off, you can get your vehicle title back.
What do I need to pawn a car title?
Before getting the funding you should review the requirements. It’s important to note that the criteria for pawning your title can vary from state to state, but the process is simple enough that you don’t have to meet a large list of requirements. So, in order to pawn your car title you must provide:
- Your car that is in good condition
- The lien-free vehicle title that lists that you are the owner
- Identification (government-issued ID, driver’s license or passport)
- Proof of a regular monthly source of income
Also, note that many companies require you to fully own the vehicle and be the sole owner of the title. You can use your job, pension, social security, and other types of income to prove that you are getting regular monthly payments. Companies ask for proof of income to make sure you can actually repay your debt on time. What’s more, some of them may also ask for proof of address, such as a utility bill.
After you have all the necessary documents, you must take it and your car to a title loan company.
How can I get funding with the title pawning?
After you bring all the documents to a title pawn location, your car will be inspected by a specialist to determine its value. Oftentimes, the inspection of a car does not take more than 5-10 minutes, so you will not have to wait long. As a rule, experts pay attention to factors such as brand, can, mileage, cost, year, condition, and other factors.
The cost of your loan will be based on your needs and the value of your vehicle. After the inspection, the lender will offer you the loan amount. If the offer suits you, sign it and receive the financing. Typically, you will be issued a check with the full amount of the loan.
What to look for before pawning a title?
If you decide to pawn a title of your car there are a few things to keep in mind. Pay attention to the main ones:
- Interest rate. It is very important to remember that in addition to the loan amount, you will also have to pay the interest rate. The loan amount will vary depending on the company you choose. Thus, it is important to compare offers in order to choose the most suitable one for your financial situation.
- The value of your car. Also, before getting financing, you should understand that the value of your car is based on many factors, such as the condition of the car, mileage, year, etc.
- Additional insurance. Some companies may require additional insurance from you in order for you to receive financing. Since you will be able to keep driving the car, this is necessary to make sure that the vehicle will be in good condition while the debt is paid.
What are the benefits of pawning a car title?
Even if you are in a difficult financial situation and you urgently need money, pawning a car title can have its benefits. For example, companies often offer simple and convenient payment plans that are good for the borrower so you can make timely payments. Another benefit is that you can keep driving your car while you pay off your debt. Moreover, the process of obtaining funding is as simple as possible, so most often you will be able to receive money on the same day as you filled out the application.
Thus, pawning a car title can be a great solution to your problems, however, before getting financing, make sure that you can actually pay off the debt.
Payday Loan Calculator
$500 Your loan + $79 Your fee = $579 Total Cost*
* Total Cost - The sum of money you are to pay off within the term you’ve chosen if you borrow the stated above amount for the average (or required by your lender) APR.